In this episode, a dear friend of mine Rick Trojan is heading up the Hemp Road Trip mission to provide a new level of education around the Hemp Industry, Hemp Crops, and connecting with legislators around the US to gain more traction on viewing Hemp as another form of Bio Fuel.
Listen in here:
In this interview Rick answers the following:
- What are some opportunities taking place with the Hemp industry?
- Give us an idea on how the Hemp Crop in Colorado has evolved from the 1930’s to today?
- What is your motivation on sharing more education and research to the masses?
- If someone is looking to start up a business within the Hemp industry what are the top 5 things to know and resources to get their hands on?
- What did you need to believe about yourself to have the life you envisioned in the hemp industry?
- Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you? Maybe someone who has been a mentor to you? Why and how did this person impact your life?
- What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader in this industry?
Rick Trojan is owner of a hemp farm in northeastern Colorado. A lifetime entrepreneur, Rick found his way into the cannabis industry after selling a software company he started in the healthcare market. His journey into hemp solidified while overseas. Rick had an unfortunate and rare reaction to prescription medication and ended up with Steven Johnson Syndrome.
After nearly 3 weeks in isolation in a Munich hospital, he was given doctor approval to return to the United States. During the time in isolation, Rick educated himself on hemp, its history, motivations for domestic prohibition and the global impact of the plant. Upon return to the US, he and his partners started the largest hemp farm in the nation, with nearly 300 acres planted. Learning firsthand about the cultivation, harvesting, processing and distribution of industrial hemp, and the legal challenges inherent therein, Rick decided to create Hemp Road Trip and attack the problem of prohibition through nationwide education and outreach.
Rick’s site provides his road trip schedule, the tools to contact local legislators for your area, and the latest educational tools around the hemp industry.
See you next week as I get into the next juicy topic – stay tuned!
Never Miss an Episode: