In this episode I am discussing how to leverage fear to build confidence in your whole life.
Listen in here:
Lately I have been analyzing and revisiting past experiences in my life. I have received compliments from associates, friends, and family on how they wished they had as much confidence as me.
What they did not see was the fear that was driving me – The fear of failure and even the fear of success. Each one of us has a set of experiences to go through in our lives and our experiences might be similar to someone close to us or it might be completely different than our own.
However, we add to our fears by:
- Comparing ourselves to others
- Trying to make ourselves feel better than the other person next to us
- Visualizing the worst case scenarios as a result (that’s just my luck)
When we add to the fears, we miss out on key lessons for us to learn. Which then puts us in a tailspin of why we are not achieving the level of results we originally hoped for.
How can we leverage fear to build confidence?
First, let’s define Confidence: The feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust
- Allow the fears to come up, but do not spend all your time wrapped up in the worst case scenarios
- Think of a time when you had to get through a challenging time and how you grew in that moment
- Imagine the confidence and trust you had in yourself during that time
- Now, look at what fears you are facing today – Where is your focus? Is it on the worst case scenario, or are you tapping into your confidence to create a more realistic result based on your committed efforts?
This is a practice that will take time. Start small if you feel you need more time to work on your fears.
Use fear as a tool to help you direct your focus and action steps, but do not allow fear to define the outcome – this is a challenge we all face when we are building trust within ourselves. The belief systems you have today and the action steps you take today will help lead the way. But, your developed confidence, up to this point in your life, should define the realistic outcome. The results will grow as your confidence grows.
This is your time, You are the only one who can make it happen. No MORE excuses.
Share with me on how you leverage fear to build confidence at www.mytimeisnow.co
See you next week as I get into the next juicy topic – stay tuned!
Never Miss an Episode: