In this episode, John Robitaille is bearing it all – Like many successful individuals, John has overcome adversity in his life and has turned personal tragedies into a source of strength and empowerment. A survivor of childhood sexual abuse and prostate cancer, John has had to deal with many personal challenges including the death of his daughter by suicide.
Listen in here:
There’s a toad in all of us. It’s that damaged part of us that lingers after a personal trauma, disappointment or failure. It’s a debilitating fear that keeps many of us from taking risks and dealing with change, and discovering the latent human potential that resides within us.
John shares his story of how he overcame his fears and self-doubt, and turned his personal toad into a successful entrepreneur, businessman, political candidate and mentor to hundreds of young people. It’s his survivor’s journey to success and happiness in life.
John Robitaille, a former candidate for governor of Rhode Island, is an effective and entertaining motivational speaker and communications professional with over thirty years of success in multiple roles as an executive with Fortune 500 companies, a senior communication advisor to elected officials, labor relations negotiator, radio talk show host, media relations consultant, trainer, coach and mentor to entrepreneurs.
John discusses the following points of conversation:
- What motivated you to get this powerful message out to the masses? – Most people would steer clear from sharing these topics in a public forum, but you graciously opened your heart to share.
- Discuss your personal journey: From being a childhood “victim” of sexual abuse to someone who overcame the past and led a “fairly normal life” in spite of additional personal challenges – beating cancer and losing a daughter to suicide
- What did you need to believe about yourself to have the life you envisioned?
- Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you? Maybe someone who has been a mentor to you? Why and how did this person impact your life?
- What advice would you give someone going into a leadership position for the first time?
- What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
Connect With John:
See you next week as I get into the next juicy topic – stay tuned!
Never Miss an Episode: