In this episode, Laura Pennington opens up and shares the courage it took for her to jump from teaching to becoming a Six-Figure Freelance writer.
Listen in here:
In the midst of a PhD program and after spending much of her adult life preparing to be a teacher, Laura Pennington burned out on traditional education after spending a year in the trenches teaching middle school in Baltimore City. Desperate to follow her passion and build a career on her own terms, she launched and grew a six-figure freelance writing business in just 18th months after getting started.
She now teaches others how to build their own freelance careers at www.sixfigurewritingsecrets.com.
Laura discusses the following points of conversation:
- What motivated you to get your message out to the masses?
- What do you feel would be the impact if you decided not to share your book/message/or expertise?
- What did you need to believe about yourself to have the life you envisioned?
- Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you? Maybe someone who has been a mentor to you? Why and how did this person impact your life?
- What is one characteristic that you believe every leader or aspiring entrepreneur should possess?
- What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
Connect With Laura:
See you next week as I get into the next juicy topic – stay tuned!
Never Miss an Episode: