In this episode, Bob Abramson shares how he has used pivotal life moments to become a successful journalist and law firm partner. Today, his is sharing his story to audiences across the nation.
Listen in here:
At 19 years old, Bob Abramson took the equivalent of a Mike Tyson punch. During the second semester of his freshman year at the University of Michigan, he pledged a fraternity. Bob went through the entire pledge term, and was blackballed from the fraternity on what was supposed to be his initiation day. Bob recovered from that devastating experience to become an award-winning journalist, law firm partner, and master storyteller.
Appeared on page one of USA Today Sports Section at 21 years old
Named the top investigative reporter in the State of Ohio by the Associated Press for his newspaper division
Co-authored a book on Michigan football’s 1997 national championship run, which sold 15,000 copies
Made partner status in just five years
Brought in over a million dollars of business to my law firm
Bob discusses the following points of conversation:
- What are the top 3-5 lessons from your professional or personal history that has shifted your life to where you are today?
- What motivated you to get into your line of work today?
- What do you feel would be the impact if you decided not take the chances/risks to get to your level of success today?
- What did you need to believe about yourself to have the life you envisioned?
- Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you? Maybe someone who has been a mentor to you? Why and how did this person impact your life?
- What is one characteristic that you believe every leader or aspiring leader should possess?
- What are a few resources you would recommend to someone looking to gain insight into taking charge in living their destined life?
- What’s your best piece of advice for the person listening to this interview?
Connect With Bob: www.bobabramson.com
See you next week as I get into the next juicy topic – stay tuned!
Never Miss an Episode: